LCD TV reviews
Not unline my friend Heiko I'm looking for a new TV. As square footage comes at a heavy price in London, I wouldn't mind getting a neat, flat screen. Budgetary restrictions quicly rule out those 42 inch plastma objects-of-desire, and hence I'm now in the market for a 17" or larger LCD TV, preferably ticking in under 1000 GBP (that's ~ EUR 1500).
- Very good contrast; working well even in a sunlit room (none of that shadowy darkness required to get performance from a rear-projected telly)
- Sleek look (no wonky white plasticky materials that belong in a cheap office monitor)
- Good sound (duh - this is a TV - I want to watch films on it)
- PC output compatible (browsing the web in 20" widescreen? oh yeah, baby!)
- preferably widescreen
- Optional but nice: built-in Digital Terrestrial tuner (allowing me to see UK's FreeView channels)
So, as we've done successfully in the past
on this blog: I'm looking for advice, opinions and ideas: roll on son et lumiere in the living room!