July 25, 2004
Dive centers in Athens, Greece
For future reference and to help others looking (as I was) for diving opportunities in the Athens area, here are the schools and centers I found:
- Aegan Dive Center, tel +30 210 894 5409, PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre, located in Glyfada, which is a beach-area past the old now defunct airport.
Getting there from Athens city centre wasn't the easiest of tasks, but a new tram line is set to open before the Olympic games, making it a smooth journey from Syntagma Square. Staff is exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable, and even came to pick us up when we were lost in the center of Glyfada, looking for their shop.
- Athina Diving, 38 kilometres from the center of Athens
- Vithos, listed as a 5* instructor development centre at www.padi.com
- Atlantis diving (via Greeka.com)
- PADI.com: listings with current contact information
The next time that you will be in athens and you want to dive send an email. I will be happy to be your buddy
My son and I will be in Greece on Oct. 12 and leaving on the 16th. My son would like to scuba. I have tried to E-mail scuba sites but have received no response. We will be in athen on the 14th. and were are looking for adv. open water dives.
Referrers to this page
TrackBack URL for this entry:
25820 visits (1 today, 18 this week)